I just had an interesting meeting with our team’s nutritionist. She said I’m only consuming half of the calories I need to be consuming for my body size and the intensity of training we do. This probably explains most of the problems I have been having adapting to the increased work load. Those blisters probably wouldn’t be nearly as bad if my body wasn’t starving for calories and nutrients. So, I just went to the grocery store to up my game in a big way on the nutrition side. I need to be getting upwards of 8000 calories a day to keep my body healthy and injury free. Looks like I’ll be bringing back old habits from when I was trying to play on the offensive line for the Marauders and get my weight and muscle mass up. For example, eating shakes with 4-6 raw eggs (not advised), milk, corn flakes, berries, bananas, protein powder, and just about anything else on hand. I don’t have time to eat 8000 calories in solid foods, so liquid meals will be a necessity. I don’t handle dairy very well these days, so I am using coconut milk in a smoothie I just made and it is a great substitute. Hopefully this will give me a boost for weights/erg coming up at 3pm. Cheers!
- Every athlete is built up through a foundation of supportive coaches: @CoachSardo, Forsyth, Riley, Brock, Ptaszek,… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago
- I may not have graduated past Beaver, but I sure enjoyed my time when I was a kid! Thanks for being a great volunte… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 days ago
- RT @TheAthleticTO: A two-time Canadian Olympian — a co-captain of the swim team in Rio — is retiring. She has a neat idea. @MarthMcC https:… 4 days ago
- RT @ericawiebe: That feeling when... you register for @gameplandematch YYC Summit! 👊🏻Who's all coming! https://t.co/dEzc19MpEM 2 weeks ago
- RT @gameplandematch: Did you know that Game Plan eligible athletes can access free counselling? @MSTorCallCtre #MentalHealth https://t.co/M… 2 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages