I just had an interesting meeting with our team’s nutritionist. She said I’m only consuming half of the calories I need to be consuming for my body size and the intensity of training we do. This probably explains most of the problems I have been having adapting to the increased work load. Those blisters probably wouldn’t be nearly as bad if my body wasn’t starving for calories and nutrients. So, I just went to the grocery store to up my game in a big way on the nutrition side. I need to be getting upwards of 8000 calories a day to keep my body healthy and injury free. Looks like I’ll be bringing back old habits from when I was trying to play on the offensive line for the Marauders and get my weight and muscle mass up. For example, eating shakes with 4-6 raw eggs (not advised), milk, corn flakes, berries, bananas, protein powder, and just about anything else on hand. I don’t have time to eat 8000 calories in solid foods, so liquid meals will be a necessity. I don’t handle dairy very well these days, so I am using coconut milk in a smoothie I just made and it is a great substitute. Hopefully this will give me a boost for weights/erg coming up at 3pm. Cheers!
- Good of you to share this with your fellow athletes, @JulienBahain It takes courage to be transparent like this! twitter.com/JulienBahain/s… 1 week ago
- RT @gameplandematch: #New Apply to be a mentee with this new mentorship program for athletes. More: mygameplan.ca/game-plan-ment… Apply here: ht… 2 weeks ago
- Another great interview from Paralympian, Kevin Rempel, commenting on Invictus Games: cbc.ca/player/play/10… 2 weeks ago
- RT @dundurnpress: Let's talk illustrated for this month's #DundurnBehindTheCovers: dndrn.ca/BTCSept @ColleenNelson14 @JeremiahFBrown… 3 weeks ago
- RT @mikeybraith: 2 week bootcamp @SmithBusiness as I embark on the Master of Entrepreneurship and Innovation w support from @gameplandematc… 4 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages