I got back to Victoria late last night. My body held up well and I made some good progress with my sweeping during the camp. Overall, I think it was a great camp for the team. The picture to the right is a training session we did in an 8 a few weeks ago. It’s cold and wet in Victoria right now as it was for that training session, opposite of the great weather we had all week in Rancho Cordova. I’m back to cooking my own meals just as I had grown used to a buffet provided 3x daily. I have been relying a lot more on trail mix and smoothies to bridge the bigger meals and keep my body fueled to try to get up to that 8000 calorie range. I’m not there yet, but maybe in a few more weeks. Highlights of the camp include rowing some strong pieces in the four with my teammates Kevin Kowalyk, Mike Wilkinson, and Josh Morris and listening to my fellow athletes debate the merits of scientology over meals.
- Every athlete is built up through a foundation of supportive coaches: @CoachSardo, Forsyth, Riley, Brock, Ptaszek,… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago
- I may not have graduated past Beaver, but I sure enjoyed my time when I was a kid! Thanks for being a great volunte… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 days ago
- RT @TheAthleticTO: A two-time Canadian Olympian — a co-captain of the swim team in Rio — is retiring. She has a neat idea. @MarthMcC https:… 4 days ago
- RT @ericawiebe: That feeling when... you register for @gameplandematch YYC Summit! 👊🏻Who's all coming! https://t.co/dEzc19MpEM 2 weeks ago
- RT @gameplandematch: Did you know that Game Plan eligible athletes can access free counselling? @MSTorCallCtre #MentalHealth https://t.co/M… 2 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages