This past weekend was the Elk Lake regatta in Victoria. The Canadian training center usually enters a few boats into this regional regatta to show support for the community. I wasn’t scheduled to race anything, but there was a last minute scratch by the U of Victoria crew in the men’s open double event so I put my name down and went to find a partner. The only person who was game was Patricia Obee -a light weight woman training out of the center with us. We ended up coming 4th out of 7… not too bad for a mixed crew in a men’s open event. There’s not much footage of us in the video. It splits between the men’s 8 event and the men’s double event. We’re in 2nd furthest lane away from the camera at the start with a bit more footage of us at 3 mins in or so. My teammates Fraser Berkhout and Mike Wilkinson won the event. The pic to the left makes me look like a giant against Patricia’s small frame.
- Podcast tour continues #4yearolympian Thanks @DownesTrey for a great chat! twitter.com/DalynMillerPR/… 10 hours ago
- RT @GFMathiason: @JeremiahFBrown I just finished reading your book. It is a fantastic read for rowers and non-rowers alike. I loved readin… 1 day ago
- RT @14MoTryAthlete: Heard @CBCNowOrNever podcast, feel so many things: pleased, excited, embarrassed, positive & motivated. Thank you @cbcr… 1 day ago
- RT @14MoTryAthlete: First day - “no excuses, no excuses, no excuses.” @YMCAGTA before the end of the day. 1 day ago
- Go Kate Go! twitter.com/YMCAGTA/status… 1 day ago
Top Posts & Pages