This past weekend was the Elk Lake regatta in Victoria. The Canadian training center usually enters a few boats into this regional regatta to show support for the community. I wasn’t scheduled to race anything, but there was a last minute scratch by the U of Victoria crew in the men’s open double event so I put my name down and went to find a partner. The only person who was game was Patricia Obee -a light weight woman training out of the center with us. We ended up coming 4th out of 7… not too bad for a mixed crew in a men’s open event. There’s not much footage of us in the video. It splits between the men’s 8 event and the men’s double event. We’re in 2nd furthest lane away from the camera at the start with a bit more footage of us at 3 mins in or so. My teammates Fraser Berkhout and Mike Wilkinson won the event. The pic to the left makes me look like a giant against Patricia’s small frame.
- RT @gameplandematch: #SUMMITALERT Save the Date! Calgary, May 11-12 more to come! https://t.co/s61cZJ793V 7 hours ago
- RT @alanoldham: It's important to start talking about mental health. Even rowers can have tough times. #LetsTalk #MentalHealthAwareness #ro… 6 days ago
- RT @dundurnpress: Sometimes the only thing holding you back is your own self doubt. Discover how @JeremiahFBrown overcame his and became an… 1 week ago
- RT @WorldRowing: It's very important to consider mental health as well as physical health. Here are some key points: worldrowing.com/news/mental-il… 1 week ago
- RT @_HeadtoHead: We just pre-ordered Canadian Rowing Olympic Medallist @JeremiahFBrown 's book on becoming an Olympian in 4 years. If you h… 1 week ago
Top Posts & Pages