This past weekend was the Elk Lake regatta in Victoria. The Canadian training center usually enters a few boats into this regional regatta to show support for the community. I wasn’t scheduled to race anything, but there was a last minute scratch by the U of Victoria crew in the men’s open double event so I put my name down and went to find a partner. The only person who was game was Patricia Obee -a light weight woman training out of the center with us. We ended up coming 4th out of 7… not too bad for a mixed crew in a men’s open event. There’s not much footage of us in the video. It splits between the men’s 8 event and the men’s double event. We’re in 2nd furthest lane away from the camera at the start with a bit more footage of us at 3 mins in or so. My teammates Fraser Berkhout and Mike Wilkinson won the event. The pic to the left makes me look like a giant against Patricia’s small frame.
- Every athlete is built up through a foundation of supportive coaches: @CoachSardo, Forsyth, Riley, Brock, Ptaszek,… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago
- I may not have graduated past Beaver, but I sure enjoyed my time when I was a kid! Thanks for being a great volunte… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 days ago
- RT @TheAthleticTO: A two-time Canadian Olympian — a co-captain of the swim team in Rio — is retiring. She has a neat idea. @MarthMcC https:… 4 days ago
- RT @ericawiebe: That feeling when... you register for @gameplandematch YYC Summit! 👊🏻Who's all coming! https://t.co/dEzc19MpEM 2 weeks ago
- RT @gameplandematch: Did you know that Game Plan eligible athletes can access free counselling? @MSTorCallCtre #MentalHealth https://t.co/M… 2 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages