It’s been a while since I posted something. The last few weeks of training have gone well for our group. I’ve had a few minor injuries to deal with that have come and gone. The most recent was right before the Easter weekend break which put a damper on Easter. It’s a balancing act training as hard as you can every day while not going over the edge into injury. Inevitably, you get injured at some point and then you have to be smart about it to get back into full time training as quickly as possible. At the same time it’s funny how quickly I can come back from a locked SI joint or pulled muscle that would have put me out for much longer before training at this level. The body is already in survival mode from training so hard that it seems to speed up recovery for some of the less serious injuries like sprains, pulls, and locked joints. The summer is around the corner, so we’re all getting into race mode. These next few weeks will be a good test for me and the rest of the guys. That’s it for now.
- Many involved in getting a long overdue increase for Canada's high performance athletes. Good work! @vankayak @AthletesCAN @Christieluge 10 hours ago
- RT @will13dean: Beyond grateful for the chance to represent the amazing athletes and people in the Canadian Olympic movement. Let's get sta… 4 days ago
- I posted a new photo to Facebook fb.me/7wX6jjg6y 1 week ago
- International Women’s Day: Female athletes central to Canada’s Olympic success fw.to/4wscNck 2 weeks ago
- Another important read for those of us who purport to help athletes transition out of elite sport. lnkd.in/e7sQW7B 2 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages