We arrived in Bled today. My first impression is that this is one of the most beautiful places I’ve been to yet. The rowers are everywhere pooling in from all over the world. The weather is nice right now and the water is pretty good, though it’s been known to get rough at times. I’m feeling relaxed and excited at the same time. Calm, but focused. Our first race is on Sunday at 11:30 am. Between now and then my teammates and I will still be working hard, but also topping up our energy stores in preparation for that first race. The trick is to find the right balance between conserving energy and keeping the body primed for racing. I’m looking forward to getting through that 1 minute mark in the first race -that’s right where the burn hits you and you decide what you’re going to do about it.
- Podcast tour continues #4yearolympian Thanks @DownesTrey for a great chat! twitter.com/DalynMillerPR/… 10 hours ago
- RT @GFMathiason: @JeremiahFBrown I just finished reading your book. It is a fantastic read for rowers and non-rowers alike. I loved readin… 1 day ago
- RT @14MoTryAthlete: Heard @CBCNowOrNever podcast, feel so many things: pleased, excited, embarrassed, positive & motivated. Thank you @cbcr… 1 day ago
- RT @14MoTryAthlete: First day - “no excuses, no excuses, no excuses.” @YMCAGTA before the end of the day. 1 day ago
- Go Kate Go! twitter.com/YMCAGTA/status… 1 day ago
Top Posts & Pages