We arrived in Bled today. My first impression is that this is one of the most beautiful places I’ve been to yet. The rowers are everywhere pooling in from all over the world. The weather is nice right now and the water is pretty good, though it’s been known to get rough at times. I’m feeling relaxed and excited at the same time. Calm, but focused. Our first race is on Sunday at 11:30 am. Between now and then my teammates and I will still be working hard, but also topping up our energy stores in preparation for that first race. The trick is to find the right balance between conserving energy and keeping the body primed for racing. I’m looking forward to getting through that 1 minute mark in the first race -that’s right where the burn hits you and you decide what you’re going to do about it.
- Good of you to share this with your fellow athletes, @JulienBahain It takes courage to be transparent like this! twitter.com/JulienBahain/s… 1 week ago
- RT @gameplandematch: #New Apply to be a mentee with this new mentorship program for athletes. More: mygameplan.ca/game-plan-ment… Apply here: ht… 2 weeks ago
- Another great interview from Paralympian, Kevin Rempel, commenting on Invictus Games: cbc.ca/player/play/10… 2 weeks ago
- RT @dundurnpress: Let's talk illustrated for this month's #DundurnBehindTheCovers: dndrn.ca/BTCSept @ColleenNelson14 @JeremiahFBrown… 3 weeks ago
- RT @mikeybraith: 2 week bootcamp @SmithBusiness as I embark on the Master of Entrepreneurship and Innovation w support from @gameplandematc… 4 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages