We won a bronze medal in the men’s eight final at the 2011 world rowing championship a few days ago. It was an exciting race with a very close finish between 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place. It is a great feeling to be able to walk away from the regatta with a medal after all the work we put in this year. The last few days have been spent unwinding from the tension and stress of racing and just enjoying Bled and cheering on our crews who would not finish until the last day of the regatta. Many Canadian boats performed well earning medals and Olympic qualification spots. Next stop is London for a 3 day Olympic orientation trip. I’m looking forward to seeing the city for the first time and getting a chance to see the rowing venue ahead of the Olympics next July. After that it’s back home for a week to catch up with family and friends and then back to Victoria to start training again. I definitely felt the love from back home during the week. Thanks to my friends and family for all the ongoing support.
- Podcast tour continues #4yearolympian Thanks @DownesTrey for a great chat! twitter.com/DalynMillerPR/… 10 hours ago
- RT @GFMathiason: @JeremiahFBrown I just finished reading your book. It is a fantastic read for rowers and non-rowers alike. I loved readin… 1 day ago
- RT @14MoTryAthlete: Heard @CBCNowOrNever podcast, feel so many things: pleased, excited, embarrassed, positive & motivated. Thank you @cbcr… 1 day ago
- RT @14MoTryAthlete: First day - “no excuses, no excuses, no excuses.” @YMCAGTA before the end of the day. 1 day ago
- Go Kate Go! twitter.com/YMCAGTA/status… 1 day ago
Top Posts & Pages