We are back in California just about three quarters of the way through our second training camp. The weather was perfect today -sunny, light breeze, and about 21 degrees. A lot has happened since my last post and I’ve been procrastinating, but whenever I drop the ball on some other project of mine outside of rowing I always forgive myself by telling myself that it’s because I’m so focused on my goal of winning at the Olympics. The truth is I’m lazy and rowing doesn’t allow me to be lazy, so I have to be lazy in other parts of my life, like with this blog. But, I will try to keep you guys in the loop more as we approach racing. I just got back to the Marriott hotel we’re staying at after our morning row. I was driving back from the lake with my teammates Andrew Byrnes and Kevin Light, the endorphins from the workout just past were coursing through my brain, it was the most beautiful day yet, the radio was playing good music, we were sticking our heads out the car windows like dogs, and I couldn’t help but feel a deep appreciation for the moment. Not many people get to feel those moments as often as we do. Sure, most people don’t suffer as much either. But, I’m convinced that I’ll never have quite the same camaraderie with a group of guys who sometimes go through hell and back for each other to get faster. Given the toll the mind and body takes during long days of repetitive and grueling training, I’ve come to understand the importance of enjoying every second of those small blissful moments. It’s a good time for just being and letting the mind momentarily stop thinking about outcomes, competition, performance anxiety, injuries, or whatever else is on your mind. Shortly after lunch we are going to feel the legs burn and the brain scream for oxygen and reprieve. But for now I’m going to enjoy the sunshine.
- RT @paulcoxon: This is a good post and worth reading #ParisAttacks https://t.co/jaMQuyHG5G 2 weeks ago
- Coolest thing I've seen/heard musically in a long time: thecreatorsproject.vice.com/blog/drummer-d… 3 weeks ago
- RT @gameplandematch: ONE DAY LEFT to register for the #GamePlanSummit. Register now before it's too late! ow.ly/THdxI 1 month ago
- RT @Cdnmooselips33: I won 7 gold gloves. I think part of winning them was cause I could catch. 😊 1 month ago
- RT @gameplandematch: Want better career, brand & financial management skills? We've got the perfect solution for you! #GamePlanSummit http:… 2 months ago
Top Posts & Pages